FAQ for licensees

How can I have my event posted on York CAMRA social media sites?
Your event will be posted on our website events page under Local Beer Festivals or Local Events also on our Facebook page. Please supply us with at least the following information, venue, dates, contact details, ticket price. If possible supply a few words describing your event such as beers on offer, entertainment, food, accommodation, etc. If you have a flyer please attach it to your email and we will do our best to post it. Contact the Website Administrator.
How do I publicise events/offers to CAMRA members?
We can publicise things for you via our membership email network and in our monthly Branch Report. Please send what you want publicising (in a format ready for forwarding) to our Secretary.
How do I join CAMRA?
Individuals or couples can join CAMRA at http://www.camra.org.uk/joinus
How do we become a CAMRA approved/accredited pub?
There is no such thing! CAMRA produces the Good Beer Guide (see below “How do I get my pub in the Good Beer Guide?”) and supports pubs that sell good quality real ale, but does not operate an accreditation scheme. If you sell good quality real ale, then feel free to let us know
What is real ale?
CAMRA’s definition of real ale can be found here: About Real Ale
Where can I purchase real ale?
There are currently over 1,100 breweries in the UK and over 130 in Yorkshire. Breweries with 25 miles of York or other places in the York branch area can be found on the [link_page name=”locale-breweries”]LocAle breweries page[/link_page]. Give the brewery a call. We are sure they would be delighted to supply you.
What is LocAle and how do we join?
Information about the York branch LocAle scheme can be found on the [link_page name=”locale-pubs”]LocAle pubs page[/link_page]. If you would like to join, or have any more queries, please contact our LocAle Officer.
Can I stock Ouse Boozer?
How do I advertise in Ouse Boozer?
Paid adverts need to be arranged direct with Matelot Marketing, our contractor. Ouse Boozer Advertising.
How do I provide copy for Ouse Boozer?
Anyone can submit copy for consideration by the Editors (but there is no guarantee it will get in if we are short of space). Please send copy to The Editor by the deadline given in the Last Orders section towards the end of each issue.
Can I stock CAMRA leaflets?
Yes. Please contact our Campaigans Officer or Membership Officer to request marketing materials.
How do I get my pub in the Good Beer Guide?
We ballot our members and ask them to vote for which pubs they would like to see in the Guide. The sole criteria for being eligible is to serve consistently good beer, so that is what you need to concentrate on. Our branch covers one of the largest geographical areas of any CAMRA branch and we are only allocated 35 entries in the guide. With some 470+ pubs in our area, to get in the guide takes some doing.
How do I win a CAMRA award?
We recognise excellent pubs for periodic and annual awards based upon members’ recommendations.
How do I populate/amend my pub’s WhatPub entry?
Go to your pub’s entry and click on “submit updates”, or email the information to whatpub.york@sky.com.
How can I get my pub listed as an Asset of Community Value?
You local authority should have a facility by which nominations can be made. The local authorities that cover the York Branch area are Selby, Hambleton, Ryedale, Harrogate, East Yorkshire, North Yorks Moors National Park and City of York.